Thursday, December 24, 2009

IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE


















IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE

CHRISTMAS EVE 2009



What do you do on Christmas Eve? Go to Church - celebrate the reason for the season.

Maybe after Church you have family over - eat dinner or have delicious cakes and cookies for dessert.

My family goes to Queens, NY for a true Italian Christmas Eve with the 7 fishes. There are shrimp, bakalou, lobster, crab, white fishes, made in every delectable way, after which there is complete chaos opening gifts.

Me? I would prefer to stay at home and watch the movie - It's a Wonderful Life. I have watched this movie every year since I can remember. It is a movie about a guy who decides that perhaps the world would have been better off if he had never existed. Clarence, an angel, comes to show him what his world would be like without him and it seems that everyone is so much worse off without his help. He returns to his life and is eternally grateful for his family and friends and for Clarence, who finally receives his "wings" for helping this guy realize he wants to live. Every time an angel gets his wings - a bell rings.

It is just a wonderful, sappy, happy story and just gets to me every single year. Spending Christmas Eve, with Jimmy Stewart, Donna Reed and the Lord. Can it get any better? Yes, it probably could - spending it with my family and the Lord - but right now this is the way it is and I am grateful.



18 comments:

Penrose Designs said...

Sue - you make me want to watch it now. Let's see if I can find it.

Merry Christmas!

Sarah said...

Have a wonderful Christmas! Be blessed. ;-]

jamfiescreations1 said...

Sue, that is a wonderful movie. I just won't watch it again because it is too sad.

Christie Cottage said...

I love this movie too!

Also, "The Bishop's Wife". I watche dit yesterday.

Merry Christmas Sue!

{{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

We go my mom's on Christmas Eve for the family Christmas. I don't think I have ever sat down and watched the whole movie "It's A Wonderful Life" - just bits and pieces of it. Hope you had a Merry Christmas! Bloomfield Beads

Lindsay said...

I have never seen that movie! Only a little of the end in high school because the teacher played it through and never rewound from class to class. :( I will have to sometime!

button said...

I love that movie! :o) button

Sue Runyon said...

It's a long movie and I'm not good at sitting through long movies unless I'm good and sick :-), but I have seen it and I see parts of it every year. I always stop what I'm doing and watch the scene where he walks her home after the dance. Love that scene!

I try to watch the movie "Christmas in Connecticut" every year--it's not that long :-)

Unknown said...

Great post!

myeuropeantouch said...

Aaaah Memories....I was introduced to this movie in Germany, when I was still a child. It was voiced over with the German Language...and then again here in the US. I love a good old fashioned Christmas Story...♥♥♥
Monika

Zuda Gay Pease said...

One of my favorites! Jimmy Stewart is wonderful.

Kelly said...

We watch it every year too.

sammysgrammy said...

One of my all time favorite movies.

GingerPeachT said...

Wow, fish for Christmas? Never heard of that lol
I do love that movie too. That and the bing Crosby holiday inn

Crafty Mommas said...

oh how I love that movie!!!

Donna (Twinmountainpottery) said...

An ole time favorite. We usually do Christmas eve Service and then get together with family. My daughter would love to enjoy all your fish! Have a blessed Christmas!

Unknown said...

I love this movie too! But a good old, NY Italian, Christmas Eve, in Queens is up there with some of the bests! This was a fun post~ we usually do Christmas eve services, and family dinner- that makes for a realaxed- stay in your jammies kind of Christmas Day for us! best to you Sue!

Cherished.Wife said...

We're newly married, and we just got this movie to watch this Christmas. I'm looking forward to it!