Thursday, September 10, 2009

AUTUMN IN NEW YORK CITY


In New York City you have to capture Autumn wherever you can. Unless you are walking through Central Park, trees are hard to come by. We had more trees up in the Bronx when I was a kid and we had an actual park near our apartment building called The Oval. It was a huge circular park with all of the amenities. I don't think I noticed much about Autumn back then except liking when there was a nip in the air. There is a crispness in the air that is not really there any other time of year.

That is why, when my girls were little, I always pointed out how beautiful the trees look, the beautiful colors. We live in the mountains in Northern New Jersey so we are living inside a colorful painting of what Autumn is supposed to look like, at least in our dreams.

The picture above was taken in New York City. I am glad that God decided to put some beautiful trees there so New Yorkers can appreciate His glory.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and the beautiful picture! Fall is my favorite season of the year. I'm so glad that you decided to blog.

Christie Cottage said...

Beautiful Fall picture.

Nature is an amazing thing. God made it for us to enjoy!

Come by and pick up a blog award from my blog. (On the left hand side)No strings attached.
http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

GRAND MAS JEWELRY said...

I love this -- so beautiful. Blessings always from grandmasjewelry777 at ETSY